Friday, April 12, 2013

My Calendar


What day is it?
I do not know, I’m sorry.
My calendar hasn't changed for longer than I’d like to say,
And the picture of a kitten,
Poised in a basket, starring out into my empty room,
Has been there for the past few months.

I’d occasionally flip through the months of the year
And let the puppy with his head cocked,
The dog with a kitten perched on top of his head,
All got a glimpse of me and the pale white wall behind.
That’s all they’ll probably ever get to see.

He is extremely cute, the kitten of this month, that is,
But I've begun to feel his eyes on me
Whenever I am around
Even while I’m falling asleep.
Poor thing, he is bored.
He wishes I would change the month
And that this window would close,
So that he can stare out of a different window
Onto a different landscape.
Or maybe just a different, plain, sparsely furnished room,
Occupied by some different boring boy or girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment